Samothrace in 3D
- the image may be the camerawork of an artist using a lidar to scan
- or it might be built from scratch with geometry in a 3D application
- note differing surface color and fineness of detail
- The color can be determined in the model’s final (obligatory) pass through the Sketchfab primping pipeline.
- this is also where numbers can be inserted, the viewpoint shifted and annotaions can be attached
- among the advantages of a 3D version is that experts can annotate salient parts on all sides of the object — a static view is locked by logic against this. 2D is 2D.