This is my artist’s statement — it’s how I work
I love the artist’s statement, “Blah blah blah blahblah blah blah…” I wish I knew who to credit for it — maybe it’s just an artist’s urban legend. I’m opting here for Show & Tell. To know me, see how I work. I ask “what if” and then find out. So I’m full of questions? So was the ‘satiable Elephant’s Child. Endearing, yes?
See also my former artist’s statement, The Pungent Futility of the Artist’s Statement
Years of Trying 3D Effects
I’ve been trying to connect with 3d capabilities since some time in the ’90s. Here’s a smattering of examples over that time. Now I’m trying to find my footing using software geared for photorealism to create levels of abstraction.
Key to content below:
1. Math programs. left, Graphing Calculator. Right, a program I labeled GP and no longer remember the name of. Starting ca 2007.
2. Cybermesh, starting ca 1999. A Photoshop plugin written by one of the Knoll Brothers who founded Photoshop. Long gone from the contemporary mind.
3. Daz-3D ca 2009
4. Mario Klingemann’s Nodewerk (aka Aviary Peacock), from ca 2008(?) Still works on older Macs. Not Catalina.
5. Older Photoshop, 2010, 2004, 2010
6. Photoshop, Vol 2, ca 2010
7. Pixiologic ZBrush, 2020
8. Pixiologic ZBrush, Vol 2, 2005, 2020, 2020
9. Allegorithmic Substance Alchemist, 2020
10. Morphi, 2020